Thursday, April 05, 2007

John Peel Still Gets Demos Sent To Him

John Peel

The infamous John Peel, whose record collection sprawls over 26,000 vinyl LPs, 40,000 singles and 40,000 CD albums, died two and a half years ago, but is still receiving demos in the mail.

According to Peel's wife, Sheila Ravenscroft, lots of artists still want to count themselves among Peel's collection, and send in their demos. Peel's collection grew to such epic proportions he built an addition to his home to hold the thing. I can only imagine what the reply would be when I said, "Kristen, I want to add on to the house so I can maintain my album collection."

But artists, never fear! The albums I receive all make it into the CD player and into the stacks of my record collection, though I only have a room for music, not an entire addition.

Source: Gigwise

Check out Any Given Tuesday's review of PJ Harvey's Peel Sessions.

No comments: