Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Weird Al Gets His Propers; New Pixies, Incubus Albums

Weird Al Yankovic

CNN discusses Weird Al's newfound success with the Chamillionaire spoof "White And Nerdy". Having reached his first top 10 album and single, Al credits YouTube and download services that allow single-song purchases.

The Pixies

The Pixies are set to record their first new album in 15 years.

Incubus - Light Grenades
Incubus will be releasing Light Grenades on November 28, and touring in support in '07. Catch them at 9:30 Club on January 26. Small-venue warm-up tour before hitting arenas? We'll see.

On a side note, if you're into the indie scene, and what's new in Baltimore, check out Instrumental Analysis, who is kicking my tail on getting the word out on what's happening. Plus, they've got MP3's, not to mention that anyone who posts about Catherine Wheel has got to be cool.

And, though I don't often talk about myself outside of my own relation to what I'm posting about live shows I go to, I am super thrilled because Kristen and I are supposed to be going out and buying our guitars tonight. I gave up mine about 4 years ago when I had to pay rent in college, and now we're both going to start playing together. It is my ultimate hope that we become rock gods in the vein of Tenacious D, but more svelte and a lot more metal. While she isn't very happy about my desire to be in a band, she seems down with mastering the 6-stringed beast. Thus begins the first step on realizing my fantasy of having an acoustically perfect room in my house with a full band and recording equipment.

No comments: